Wine Air Conditioner
The differences between a standard air conditioner and one suitable for a wine cellar are many.
- Air conditioners are designed to achieve temperatures between 18°c and 25°c. Wine cellar conditioners are designed to achieve temperatures of 12°c to 14°c.
- Air conditioners create approximate ambient humidity of 20%. Wine cellar conditioners must maintain over 50% relative humidity to help support cork integrity.
- Air conditioners are typically split system requiring complicated installation. The majority of wine cellar conditioners are monobloc for easy installation.
- Many domestic air conditioners only cool. Cellar conditioners need to heat in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Air conditioners are not typically governed by volume. An ideal wine cellar should have a consistent and uniform temperature throughout the space. Wine cellar conditioners will match their capacity to cool with the volume of your wine cellar.